These are very much the same product as MorningStar’s regular Griller Crumbles – a product I’ve happily used for year after year after year. The key difference is the gentle Italian seasoning change to the flavor profile. They’re wallet friendly and come in a resealable plastic bag that goes in the freezer.
Cooking: The best way to cook these is via the pan fry method. I have to be honest I often find I ignore the MorningStar packaging and end up pan frying for 2-3 minutes before simmering through with a little water for 5-7 minutes.
Taste and texture: MorningStar crumbles don’t have the mad-science, “I can’t believe it’s not beef’ texture of Impossible or Beyond Meat; indeed its a wetter mushier final texture. In it’s own right its plenty enjoyable though. The flavor is a sweeter-caramel esque soy like one, with plenty of Italian flavor.
Verdict: A solid alternative to the regular MSF crumbles, specifically if you’re cooking a more Italian leaning dish. These would be perfect on a meat free pizza in my opinion.
MorningStar Farms Italian Sausage Style Crumbles nutrition and cooking
Other MorningStar Farms products
- MorningStar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs
- Incogmeato Chik’N Tenders review
- What’s new in grocery world June 2021
- MorningStar Farms Italian Sausage Style Crumbles review
- Italian-style nachos
- Incogmeato Chik’N Nuggets – some of the best around
- MorningStar Farms Buffalo Chik Patties review – 2020 version
- MorningStar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips
- MorningStar Farms Incogmeato Burger
- Loaded veggie tots
- Thai red curry with rice noodles
- Thai jungle curry with rice noodles
- Sweet potato fry nachos
- Sloppy Joes with MorningStar Farms Crumblers
- Vegan BBQ Plate with MorningStar Popcorn Chikn
- Thai Yellow Curry with Cous Cous
- Loaded OreIda crinkle cut fries with chipotle mayo
- Nachos with MorningStar Farms crumblers
- Loaded cauliflower tots with MorningStar Farms crumblers
- Buffalo salad with MorningStar Farms Nuggets
- MorningStar Farms Original Chix Patties review
- MorningStar Farms Popcorn Chik’N Veggitizers review
- MorningStar Farms Mini Corn Dogs
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Lovers Vegan Burgers
- Review: MorningStar Farms Chorizo Crumbles
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!