I can’t say that I’ve been blown away by MorningStar Farms of late. Their reformulation of many classic products such as the Grillers range of burgers has been subpar. Once a favorite in our house for years – we no longer buy the product at all. The entirely new vegan burgers are thoroughly terrible as far as I’m concerned.
These small popcorn bites though surprisingly impressed me. The taste, the texture, the versatility – it’s the MorningStar of old!
We enjoy these just as simple snacks sometimes, perfect with a couple of your favorite dipping sauces. My advice – cook these up in the air fryer, it takes just five minutes and yields a really crisp shell.
Here’s a look at the interior of the Chick’n nugget, there’s a good fibrous texture that stays quite soft, even as the exterior crisps up.
If you’re looking to indulge your inner kid (or your real kid for that matter) with a quick and healthy comfort food meal – what about chicken and fries done vegan style! This is a popular one in our house, and when plated for the adults we usually make up a little sriracha mayo (just mix it at about 4:1 mayo/sriracha).
These nuggets retail for about $3.60 or so at our local Walmart. That’s not too bad, but I’m not sure I’d go much further past the four dollar mark. There’s about two decent servings inside each bag if you use them in a full meal.
MorningStar Farms Popcorn Chik’N ingredients, nutrition, cooking
Other MorningStar Farms products
- MorningStar Farms Original Chix Patties review
- MorningStar Farms Popcorn Chik’N review
- MorningStar Farms Mini Corn Dogs
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Lovers Vegan Burgers
- Review: MorningStar Farms Chorizo Crumbles
- Review: MorningStar Farms Grillers Original 2019
- Review: MorningStar Farms Falafel Burger
- Review: MorningStar Farms Tex Mex Burger
- Review: MorningStar Farms Chick’N Nuggets
- Review: MorningStar Farms Meat Lovers Vegan Burgers
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Breakfast Sausage Links
- Review: MorningStar Farms Original Sausage Patties
- Review: MorningStar Farms Buffalo Chik Patties
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Dogs
- Review: MorningStar Farms Grillers Originals 2018
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Pulled Pork
- Review: MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings
- Review: MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumblers
Are MorningStar Farms Popcorn Chik'N any good?
These are a very solid product and one that we’re sure you’ll wolf down in just a couple of sittings. The breading is particularly crunchy if air fried. A very fun snack of protein choice for vegans.