One of the latest products in the MorningStar Farms range to see the new vegan update are these faux chicken patties. Of all the vegan-remakes in the line up this one is pretty decent. I certainly love the texture of the exterior, which crisps up nicely in the air fryer. I assume this is essentially he same product as the newer Popcorn Chik’n bites albeit in patty format – it certainly tastes that way which is no bad thing.
Mind you, the biggest let down is the bigger patty shape exposes the overall mushiness of the Chick’N. It’s not awful by any means, but it has a definite softness that’s noticeable in each bite if you’re paying attention. Me, I love to load them up with some fruity peri peri sauce, a little coleslaw and it’s happy days. If you had to push me, I think the competing product from Boca is ever so slight better.
MorningStar Farms Original Chix Patties packaging 2021 version
More MorningStar Farms products and dishes
- MorningStar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs
- Incogmeato Chik’N Tenders review
- MorningStar Farms Italian Sausage Style Crumbles review
- Italian-style nachos
- Incogmeato Chik’N Nuggets – some of the best around
- MorningStar Farms Buffalo Chik Patties review – 2020 version
- MorningStar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips
- MorningStar Farms Incogmeato Burger
- Loaded veggie tots
- Thai red curry with rice noodles
- Thai jungle curry with rice noodles
- Sweet potato fry nachos
- Sloppy Joes with MorningStar Farms Crumblers
- Vegan BBQ Plate with MorningStar Popcorn Chikn
- Thai Yellow Curry with Cous Cous
- Loaded OreIda crinkle cut fries with chipotle mayo
- Nachos with MorningStar Farms crumblers
- Loaded cauliflower tots with MorningStar Farms crumblers
- Buffalo salad with MorningStar Farms Nuggets
- MorningStar Farms Original Chix Patties review
- MorningStar Farms Popcorn Chik’N Veggitizers review
- MorningStar Farms Mini Corn Dogs
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Lovers Vegan Burgers
- Review: MorningStar Farms Chorizo Crumbles
- Review: MorningStar Farms Grillers Original 2019
Are MorningStar Farms Original Chix Patties any good?
If you’re in the market for a meat free alternative to chicken burgers, this is a relatively solid choice. They aren’t the very best out there, but cooked up properly and loaded with the right toppings – they’re plenty enjoyable.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!