Trader Joe’s offers a range of smoked salmon products and this particular one comes with a little extra kick. Not huge mind you, but enough to make things a little more interesting. The “pastrami style” seasoning gives the fish a lovely extra dimension. There’s a touch more fruitiness and smokiness perhaps – but nothing at all overpowering.
While it might seem sacrilege to eat this anything but cold, we actually like to heat this through with a little added capers and red onion. Served on a toasted bagel with spinach dip – wow!
Trader Joe’s Pastrami Style Smoked Atlantic Salmon
Other Trader Joe’s products
- Trader Joe’s Chickenless Crispy Tenders
- Trader Joe’s Taiwanese Green Onion Pancakes review
- Lingcod over chana masala
- Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Fried Rice – one to skip
- Trader Joe’s Kibbeh review
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Tikka Masala review
- Thai yellow curry with salmon and cashews
- Trader Joe’s Thai Lime And Chili Cashews review
- Trader Joe’s Vegetable Spring Rolls review
- Trader Joe’s Pastrami Style Smoked Atlantic Salmon
- Trader Joe’s Traditional Latkes
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Taquitos
- Trader Joe’s Aloo Chaat Kati Pockets
- Review: Trader Joe’s Julienned Root Vegetables
- Review: Trader Joe’s Channa Masala
- Review: Trader Joe’s Shrimp Stir Fry
- Review: Trader Joe’s Vegetable Fried Rice
- Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan brings the restaurant to your home
- Review: Trader Joe’s Lamb Vindaloo
- Review: Trader Joe’s Pork Shu Mai
- Review: Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookie Thins
- Review: Trader Joe’s Zucchini Spirals
- Review: Trader Joe’s Gyro Slices
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!