These veggie burgers are very much in the old school vein. There’s no mad science at work here, these are the veggie burgers from yesteryear – that you either love or hate. Four frozen patties come to a box, each wrapped individually in plastic.
Cooking: Grill, bake, fry, microwave – you name it. Heck I even air fried them. The one item to note is these are exceptionally delicate and break up at the merest suggestion of force. I would avoid the grill for sure. Air frying worked out best for me.
Taste and texture: These crisp up quite well on the inside, but the interior is mush city. This is essentially a rice and veggie based burger and it struggles to hold up under heat and pressure. The taste is surprisingly bland for food that hints to Thai inspiration. There’s none of that here; no heat, no funk or flavor of fish sauce, nothing. There’s nothing to dislike, but nor is there much to get overly enthused about.
Verdict: They’re fine, just fine. It’s hard to get very excited by them in truth. The $3.69 price point for the four pack isn’t terrible.
Here they are in a few dishes, the first pan fried over a simple salad, and the second air fried on a bun with basil-aioli.
Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger cooking and nutrition
Are Trader Joe's Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger any good?
These are a fairly average veggie burger consisting of rice and vegetables. There’s nothing in the way of Thai flavor here, no heat, no funk, no flavor.
Other Trader Joe’s products
- Trader Joe’s Chickenless Crispy Tenders
- Trader Joe’s Taiwanese Green Onion Pancakes review
- Lingcod over chana masala
- Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Fried Rice – one to skip
- Trader Joe’s Kibbeh review
- Trader Joe’s launches brand new Kung Pao Mochi Balls
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Tikka Masala review
- Thai yellow curry with salmon and cashews
- Trader Joe’s Thai Lime And Chili Cashews review
- Trader Joe’s Vegetable Spring Rolls review
- Trader Joe’s Pastrami Style Smoked Atlantic Salmon
- Trader Joe’s Traditional Latkes
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Taquitos
- Trader Joe’s Aloo Chaat Kati Pockets
- Review: Trader Joe’s Julienned Root Vegetables
- Review: Trader Joe’s Channa Masala
- Review: Trader Joe’s Shrimp Stir Fry
- Review: Trader Joe’s Vegetable Fried Rice
- Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan brings the restaurant to your home
- Review: Trader Joe’s Lamb Vindaloo
- Review: Trader Joe’s Pork Shu Mai
- Review: Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookie Thins
- Review: Trader Joe’s Zucchini Spirals
- Review: Trader Joe’s Gyro Slices
Hi I’m Stuart, professional food writer and long time eater. You can find my writing at places like Gastronomic SLC, Visit Salt Lake, The Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Stories, Utah Now Online and many others.
As well as writing extensively about restaurants for more than fifteen years, I’m endlessly curious about that product on the shelf. Is it any good I wonder? If you’re like me, wonder no more. Follow along on Instagram too!