This is one of those moments where I want to say – stop what you’re doing now and just go and buy this product. Stop reading my rambling and just go and enjoy. No I’m not on retainer or being paid to say that, I just *love* this product from Trader Joe’s.
When my wife first brought these cashews home I confess to thinking, “huh, how weird”, but a few seconds later, I was completely converted. These cashews are an absolute riot of flavor packed with kaffir lime, lemongrass and a moderate amount of chili. The creamy cashews work so perfectly well with this spice mix. The kicker for me is when I decided to use them in my Thai cooking at home. Wow.
Just crush them up with a mortar and pestle and sprinkle over any Thai dish to add a little texture and extra dimension – it’s a stunning accompaniment every time. Seriously, go try it now and stop reading.
The Trader Joe’s Thai Lime And Chili Cashews come in at $7.99, but honestly given the hefty package size, they feel like the cost a lot more. For my money they’re not only incredibly delicious but a great deal too!
Trader Joe’s Thai Lime And Chili Cashews packaging
Other Trader Joe’s products
- Trader Joe’s Chickenless Crispy Tenders
- Trader Joe’s Taiwanese Green Onion Pancakes review
- Lingcod over chana masala
- Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Fried Rice – one to skip
- Trader Joe’s Kibbeh review
- Trader Joe’s launches brand new Kung Pao Mochi Balls
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Tikka Masala review
- Thai yellow curry with salmon and cashews
- Trader Joe’s Thai Lime And Chili Cashews review
- Trader Joe’s Vegetable Spring Rolls review
- Trader Joe’s Pastrami Style Smoked Atlantic Salmon
- Trader Joe’s Traditional Latkes
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Taquitos
- Trader Joe’s Aloo Chaat Kati Pockets
- Review: Trader Joe’s Julienned Root Vegetables
- Review: Trader Joe’s Channa Masala
- Review: Trader Joe’s Shrimp Stir Fry
- Review: Trader Joe’s Vegetable Fried Rice
- Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan brings the restaurant to your home
- Review: Trader Joe’s Lamb Vindaloo
- Review: Trader Joe’s Pork Shu Mai
- Review: Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookie Thins
- Review: Trader Joe’s Zucchini Spirals
- Review: Trader Joe’s Gyro Slices
Hi I’m Stuart, professional food writer and long time eater. You can find my writing at places like Gastronomic SLC, Visit Salt Lake, The Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Stories, Utah Now Online and many others.
As well as writing extensively about restaurants for more than fifteen years, I’m endlessly curious about that product on the shelf. Is it any good I wonder? If you’re like me, wonder no more. Follow along on Instagram too!