Or Trader Jose Taquitos we should say, that’s the name the punny name the product sells under for $4.49 (January 2020).
Ten taquitos come packaged inside the plastic box, but it isn’t easily resealable. Unless you’re about to host a taquito party, we’d probably advise you transfer to a freezer safe container once opened.
Cooking couldn’t be easier via the microwave (see below), just 60 seconds is all it takes to go from frozen to piping hot. Best results in our book are via the air fryer. Sure it takes a little longer, but the result is far superior:
As you can see from the above picture, there’s little mystery meat or filler in these taquitos. Indeed the filling is rather generous and identifiably real chicken. It’s white meat, very finely ground and tastes noticeably chickeny too – hey it’s a word!
Taste-wise, without dripping with oil from a traditional deep fry, they’re a relatively dry affair – some judicious use of side dipping sauces goes a long way here. The texture depends on your cooking method, but if you opt for the air fryer you should end up with a gloriously crisp craving shell and soft chicken interior.
Trader Joe’s Chicken Taquitos nutrition and ingredients
Other Trader Joe’s products
- Trader Joe’s Chickenless Crispy Tenders
- Trader Joe’s Taiwanese Green Onion Pancakes review
- Lingcod over chana masala
- Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Fried Rice – one to skip
- Trader Joe’s Kibbeh review
- Trader Joe’s launches brand new Kung Pao Mochi Balls
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Tikka Masala review
- Thai yellow curry with salmon and cashews
- Trader Joe’s Thai Lime And Chili Cashews review
- Trader Joe’s Vegetable Spring Rolls review
- Trader Joe’s Pastrami Style Smoked Atlantic Salmon
- Trader Joe’s Traditional Latkes
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Taquitos
- Trader Joe’s Aloo Chaat Kati Pockets
- Review: Trader Joe’s Julienned Root Vegetables
- Review: Trader Joe’s Channa Masala
- Review: Trader Joe’s Shrimp Stir Fry
- Review: Trader Joe’s Vegetable Fried Rice
- Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan brings the restaurant to your home
- Review: Trader Joe’s Lamb Vindaloo
- Review: Trader Joe’s Pork Shu Mai
- Review: Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookie Thins
- Review: Trader Joe’s Zucchini Spirals
- Review: Trader Joe’s Gyro Slices
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!