Are Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Cookie Thins any good?
Yes! Despite the “Triple Ginger” moniker these are a fairly balanced ginger snap. The ginger isn’t overly assertive, and the product is more sweet treat than spicy snack. Some might crave a spicier flavor, but we’re a fan of this gentle balance.
Nothing says Christmas time like Wintery warming spices. Nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger speak to flames licking a fireplace log, twinkling lights bedecking a fresh Christmas tree, and soft fluttery snow piling up against the window pane.
O.k. enough of the flowery prose, just tell me how the damned cookie tastes, I’m hungry. Well, in a word pretty great. These cookies are almost the Goldilocks of ginger snaps for me – not too spicy, not too sugary.
There’s a definite note of warming ginger, but it never threatens to overwhelm the palate. The cookie isn’t too sweet either. It’s just, well, right! Texturally this is more cracker than cookie, its a brittle snapping affair, not chewy or gooey.
I can see these being a perfect snack propped in front of the TV, just as much as part of a party spread with family and friends.
Don’t forget you can shop a range of Trader Joes on Amazon.com. (affiliate link)
Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookie Thins – what’s in the box?
Two individual sleeves of cookie thins come packed inside the cardboard packaging. Each sleeve contains roughly 40 thins. The separate packaging is certainly appreciated so you don’t need to open everything to the damaging air at once.
Not that I think most will find this a huge benefit; I’m certain once you’ve opened the first packet the second one will be torn open pretty quickly afterwards.
Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookie Thins nutrition and ingredients
How much do Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookie Thins cost?
As of December 2018 I paid $3.99 for this box which I think is a very fair price for a great product.
Other Trader Joe’s products
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Tikka Masala review
- Thai yellow curry with salmon and cashews
- Trader Joe’s Thai Lime And Chili Cashews review
- Trader Joe’s Vegetable Spring Rolls review
- Trader Joe’s Pastrami Style Smoked Atlantic Salmon
- Trader Joe’s Traditional Latkes
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Taquitos
- Trader Joe’s Aloo Chaat Kati Pockets
- Review: Trader Joe’s Julienned Root Vegetables
- Review: Trader Joe’s Channa Masala
- Review: Trader Joe’s Shrimp Stir Fry
- Review: Trader Joe’s Vegetable Fried Rice
- Review: Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan
- Review: Trader Joe’s Lamb Vindaloo
- Review: Trader Joe’s Pork Shu Mai
- Review: Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookie Thins
- Review: Trader Joe’s Zucchini Spirals
- Review: Trader Joe’s Gyro Slices