Are MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings any good?
Yes! These nugget shaped tenders are a fine replacement for the real deal. Their buffalo seasoning is ever so gentle, so you might want to amp that up with your own wing sauce though. Also note, these are vegetarian but not vegan friendly.
In fairness there’s not much in the MorningStar Farms line up I am not a fan of. These guys have been making meat substitutes long before the current contemporary surge in popularity of plant based dining. In fact they’ve been doing it since 1975.
As you might expect then, their products are quite dialed in by this point, and that includes these Buffalo Wings.
MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings – what’s in the bag
There are about 18-20 wings in the standard bag, and typically I use about five per person in a meal. That means a regular bag will probably serve you well for three or four meals at least. That’s if you’re going to use these as a protein in a larger dish. If you decide to eat them like regular wings with some dipping sauces, well, that’s fine too.
MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings – cooking instructions and nutrition
These couldn’t be any simpler, like much of the MorningStar Farms range. I’ve only ever cooked these in the microwave as honestly I was happy enough with their texture and taste; it didn’t seem worth the extra heat or time of oven cooking. I’d hazard an educated guess that they’d be ever so slightly more crisp that way of course.
Nutrition on these aren’t terrible. Protein is modest, sodium is a little high but not excessively so if you stay to fiver six wings. Of course if you’re using wing sauce as well, the salt levels only go higher.
What dishes can I make with MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings
I love to throw these into salads and wraps. Pictured below is a quick Buffalo Wing salad that’s vegetarian friendly. Over a chopped romaine salad I’ve added Pepperocini, fresh cilantro, wing sauce, jalapeno ranch and some homemade pico de gallo for a little extra brightness. You could just as easily fold much of this up in a tortilla wrap too for a heartier and healthy lunch.
Other MorningStar Farms products
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Lovers Vegan Burgers
- Review: MorningStar Farms Chorizo Crumbles
- Review: MorningStar Farms Grillers Original 2019
- Review: MorningStar Farms Falafel Burger
- Review: MorningStar Farms Tex Mex Burger
- Review: MorningStar Farms Chick’N Nuggets
- Review: MorningStar Farms Meat Lovers Vegan Burgers
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Breakfast Sausage Links
- Review: MorningStar Farms Original Sausage Patties
- Review: MorningStar Farms Buffalo Chik Patties
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Dogs
- Review: MorningStar Farms Grillers Originals 2018
- Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Pulled Pork
- Review: MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings
- Review: MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumblers