These tenders represent an oddity in the larger Gardein lineup, well, at least in my mind they do. The eschew the general ingredient makeup found in other items in the range and use a somewhat unique mix of ingredients.
Indeed, they even cook up completely differently to most other Gardein items. The packaging for these Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders does not list microwaving as an option for the tenders. Instead it focuses on heating them up in the oven.
This meant for the longest of times, I used these tenders sparingly. I don’t know about you, but in the hotter Summer months I hate to turn my oven on. That all changed when I bought a COSORI air fryer though, and now I cook these up routinely. It’s no more than 10 or so minutes to air fry them.
Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
I love to use these tenders in salads. They have a fairly neutral taste that doesn’t overly stand out (think Quorn-esque) and cooked in the air fryer, they lend a great crisp and crunch to a dish.
Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders cooking instructions, nutrition
Are Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders any good?
Yes…with a minor but! These tenders cannot be microwaved, or at least the packaging doesn’t suggest doing so. If you rely heavily on the microwave to heat these products (as I once did) they might be a lesser used item. Invest in an air fryer though, and these tenders are great, perhaps my favorite in the Gardein lineup.
More Gardein products and dishes
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Chick’N Filet reviewed
- Thai yellow curry with veggie chicken
- Gardein Ultimate Chick’N Tenders – the best yet?
- Gardein Crispy Golden Chick’N Nuggets – average at best
- Marie Callender’s Meatless Gardein Be’f Pot Pie review
- Gardein expand out of the freezer aisle with new soup
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Burger review
- Asian salad with soy sauce fried Gardein tenders
- Asian salad with Gardein seven grain tenders
- Gardein Sweet And Tangy Barbecue Wings review
- Fajitas with Gardein chicken strips
- Asian salad with Gardein chicken strips
- Caesar salad with Gardein Seven Grain Tenders
- Gardein Breakfast Saus’age Patties review
- Gardein Savory Stuffed Turk’y
- Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders review
- Review: Gardein Meatless Chick’n Strips
- Review: Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Ground
- Review: Gardein Home Style Meatless Meatloaf
- Review: Gardein Skillet Meals Asian Style Chick’n Fried Rice
- Review: Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Burger
- Review: Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Sliders
- Review: Gardein Lightly Breaded Turk’y Cutlets
- Review: Gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs
Hi I’m Stuart, professional food writer and long time eater. You can find my writing at places like Gastronomic SLC, Visit Salt Lake, The Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Stories, Utah Now Online and many others.
As well as writing extensively about restaurants for more than fifteen years, I’m endlessly curious about that product on the shelf. Is it any good I wonder? If you’re like me, wonder no more. Follow along on Instagram too!