These tenders represent an oddity in the larger Gardein lineup, well, at least in my mind they do. The eschew the general ingredient makeup found in other items in the range and use a somewhat unique mix of ingredients.
Indeed, they even cook up completely differently to most other Gardein items. The packaging for these Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders does not list microwaving as an option for the tenders. Instead it focuses on heating them up in the oven.
This meant for the longest of times, I used these tenders sparingly. I don’t know about you, but in the hotter Summer months I hate to turn my oven on. That all changed when I bought a COSORI air fryer though, and now I cook these up routinely. It’s no more than 10 or so minutes to air fry them.
Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
I love to use these tenders in salads. They have a fairly neutral taste that doesn’t overly stand out (think Quorn-esque) and cooked in the air fryer, they lend a great crisp and crunch to a dish.
Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders cooking instructions, nutrition
Are Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders any good?
Yes…with a minor but! These tenders cannot be microwaved, or at least the packaging doesn’t suggest doing so. If you rely heavily on the microwave to heat these products (as I once did) they might be a lesser used item. Invest in an air fryer though, and these tenders are great, perhaps my favorite in the Gardein lineup.
More Gardein products and dishes
- Gardein Plant-Based Chili review
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Jerky
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Chick’N Filet reviewed
- Thai yellow curry with veggie chicken
- Gardein Ultimate Chick’N Tenders – the best yet?
- Gardein Crispy Golden Chick’N Nuggets – average at best
- Marie Callender’s Meatless Gardein Be’f Pot Pie review
- Gardein expand out of the freezer aisle with new soup
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Burger review
- Asian salad with soy sauce fried Gardein tenders
- Asian salad with Gardein seven grain tenders
- Gardein Sweet And Tangy Barbecue Wings review
- Fajitas with Gardein chicken strips
- Asian salad with Gardein chicken strips
- Caesar salad with Gardein Seven Grain Tenders
- Gardein Breakfast Saus’age Patties review
- Gardein Savory Stuffed Turk’y
- Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders review
- Review: Gardein Meatless Chick’n Strips
- Review: Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Ground
- Review: Gardein Home Style Meatless Meatloaf
- Review: Gardein Skillet Meals Asian Style Chick’n Fried Rice
- Review: Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Burger
- Review: Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Sliders
- Review: Gardein Lightly Breaded Turk’y Cutlets
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!