This salad is deceptively flavorful given it’s simplicity. To make this salad, first add the following to a large bowl:
- Thinly sliced red bell pepper
- Plenty of shredded cabbage
- Thinly sliced carrot
- Couple handfuls of snow peas / snap peas
- Lots of sliced radishes (coin shape)
Next, in a measuring jug add:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped/crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- couple packets sweetener of your choice
- a few dashes of black pepper
Mix it well then pour over the salad – boom – you have a taste explosion. The flavors are best if you allow them to sit and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. Heck, by the next day you’ll be drinking the dressing!
The genius of this dish is that most of the veggies can be bought bagged, chopped and washed already, so there’s little to really make. Grating the ginger is the biggest chore really.
After that, we like to serve with whatever we have the freezer at the time, that’s usually something from the Gardein line of vegan chicken products. Maybe finish them with some sriracha/soy etc. Oh peanuts really round out the flavors of this dish if you add some as you serve!