The Beyond Meat line keeps on expanding and expanding, which is good news as far as I’m concerned. When it comes to plant-based options, the brand is one of the stronger performers with not many bloopers in their line up.
Here, eight links come to a packet, you might find them frozen or in the fresh section of the refrigerated aisle. Either way, inside the cardboard exterior is a plastic wrapped cardboard sleeve. Once you pierce the plastic you can’t reseal. Bought frozen they will defrost overnight in the fridge, or if your microwave has a gentler defrost mode, about 60 seconds there.
Cooking: The package recommends baking or frying but I think any method would be fine to be honest, grill, broil, deep fry. I’ve pan fried and air fried them both to great results. The latter is of course less many, like most Beyond products, they’re greasy little guys.
Taste and texture: Do you like regular Beyond Sausages? Because lets be honest, that’s what these are – albeit in a smaller format. The texture is pretty much identical to a regular pre-cooked pork based breakfast sausage. The skin develops a lovely crackly charred finish, the interior meat has a meaty chew; it’s all rather remarkable compared to where meat free dining was 10-15 years ago.
As Beyond haven’t really taken any steps to majority alter the seasoning (to my taste) over a regular Beyond Sausage, the illusion doesn’t extend to the taste. That’s fine by me, I enjoy the regular Beyond Sausages.
Overall: Part of me wants to chide Beyond for not trying to tweak the formulation just a small amount with this one, maybe a hint of rosemary or extra kick of black pepper? The flip side is that they’re quite enjoyable and get a thumbs up from me.
Beyond Breakfast Sausage Links nutrition and cooking
Are Beyond Breakfast Sausage Links any good?
In truth these are nothing more than downsized Beyond Sausages. If you like those, you will love these.
More Beyond Meat products and dishes
- Beyond Chicken Plant-Based Tenders
- What’s new in grocery stores for August 2021
- Beyond Breakfast Sausage Links review
- What’s new on grocery shelves this May
- Beyond Meatballs – a top quality plant-based option
- New Beyond Burgers coming in 2021
- Veggies Made Great Debuts New Frittatas Made with Beyond Meat
- Beyond Meat launches all new meatballs
- Beyond Meat launches delivery to your door
- Lightlife calls out Impossible and Beyond
- Beyond Burger with mushrooms, Swiss and sweet potato fries
- Beyond Meat fires up the BBQ with the Cookout Classic edition
- Mushroom and Swiss burger
- Beyond Breakfast Sausage review
- Teriyaki mushroom and egg burger
- Spaghetti with vegan sausage
- Review: Beyond Meat Beyond Beef
- Beyond Meat Beef Crumbles
- Beyond Meat launches new Beyond Beef product
- Review: The Beyond Sausage – Original
- The Beyond Sausage Hot Italian – updated 2022 review
- The Beyond Burger review – updated for 2020
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!
3 thoughts on “Beyond Breakfast Sausage Links review”
Our experiences couldn’t be more opposite. I tried these instead of Morning Star Farms and regretted it from the minute I opened the package. The appearance, taste and texture were just awful. Tried two bites and the rest went in the trash.
Sorry to hear that Kirk, do you enjoy the other Beyond products? The pea protein taste certainly seems to be a love or hate thing. These don’t taste much different to the regular Beyond sausages to me, which I also like. MorningStar are certainly quite different using a TVP base – https://shopsmart.guide/grocery/review-morningstar-farms-veggie-breakfast-sausage-links/
Agreed. I could barely get past the plastic like smell. The taste was terrible and lingered in my mouth way to long. I have to east two cinnamon candies to kill it. Morning Star is so very much better. Ugh!