Beyond Meat have been remarkably restrained in their product launches, at least when compared to the frenzy that it is other brands in the plant based space right now. The Beyond Meatball makes for the brands fifth real full product launch, following on from their iconic burger, sausages, ground meat and breakfast patties.
Cooking: You can pan fry these, you can cook em in a sauce, though the packets recommendation of close to an hour in the sauce seems excessive. Mind you I did just that and they remained plenty juicy.
Taste and texture: Very good indeed. They obviously have that signature Beyond Meat taste and texture. The texture is one of the best in the business, a great chew and mouthfeel. The taste doesn’t really veer away from the burgers to be honest. I think that’s a good think – too many brands assault the senses with an overload of oregano or garlic. This makes the Beyond Meatballs very versatile.
Other: I’ve found these surprisingly hard to get a hold off, seeing them appear only sporadically at a local Whole Foods. Again, they’re so close to the burgers, I think you’d get away with just shaping there burgers into meatballs if you really wanted.
Verdict: The best plant-based meatball on the market for my money. The texture is just fabulous and the taste not too aggressive. Here’s some snaps of the product raw, cooked and plated:
Beyond Meatballs ingredients and nutrition
Are Beyond Meatballs any good?
The best plant-based meatball I’ve tasted to date. The Beyond Meatballs bring the brands signature texture and taste to the meatball – and well – they don’t mess with their winning formula.
More Beyond Meat articles and roducts
- Beyond Chicken Plant-Based Tenders
- What’s new in grocery stores for August 2021
- Beyond Breakfast Sausage Links review
- What’s new on grocery shelves this May
- Beyond Meatballs – a top quality plant-based option
- New Beyond Burgers coming in 2021
- Veggies Made Great Debuts New Frittatas Made with Beyond Meat
- Beyond Meat launches all new meatballs
- Beyond Meat launches delivery to your door
- Lightlife calls out Impossible and Beyond
- Beyond Burger with mushrooms, Swiss and sweet potato fries
- Beyond Meat fires up the BBQ with the Cookout Classic edition
- Mushroom and Swiss burger
- Beyond Breakfast Sausage review
- Teriyaki mushroom and egg burger
- Spaghetti with vegan sausage
- Review: Beyond Meat Beyond Beef
- Beyond Meat Beef Crumbles
- Beyond Meat launches new Beyond Beef product
- Review: The Beyond Sausage – Original
- The Beyond Sausage Hot Italian – updated 2020 review
- The Beyond Burger review – updated for 2020
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!