We already reviewed the regular Impossible sausage here – for the most part that review stands. The Spicy version of Impossible’s plant-based ground meat cooks exactly the same, has the same final texture, and handles the same.
What is different is the addition of a little spicy kick. I think this makes a huge difference and makes the Spicy version the best version of the two; to be clear its a relatively mild level of heat, but it does help to round the flavor profile out.
Lastly, I think the product is also less visually problematic. Check out the pictures below of the Impossible Spicy sausage then go compare to the original in the review above. The Original is grey and off-putting, the Spicy versions redder hue looks more pork like.
Impossible Spicy Sausage nutrition and cooking
Is Impossible Spicy Sausage any good?
Yes! Of the two new Impossible Sausage released in 2021 – this is the better. The added spice makes for a visually more appealing product when raw, not least a more rounded flavor when cooked.
Other Impossible Food reviews and dishes
- Impossible Spicy Sausage – the best of the two new releases
- Impossible Sausage is here – what you need to know
- What’s new in grocery stores for August 2021
- Vietnamese-style vegan meatball salad
- Meat free gyro
- Impossible Foods burger product continues to roll out nationwide
- Lightlife calls out Impossible and Beyond
- Impossible Burger to land on Walmart shelves
- Impossible Foods launches At Your Door delivery
- Impossible Burger review – 2021 update
Hi I’m Stuart, professional food writer and long time eater. You can find my writing at places like Gastronomic SLC, Visit Salt Lake, The Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Stories, Utah Now Online and many others.
As well as writing extensively about restaurants for more than fifteen years, I’m endlessly curious about that product on the shelf. Is it any good I wonder? If you’re like me, wonder no more. Follow along on Instagram too!