When I come across them – I find Field Roast a routinely reliable brand that make a variety of solid plant-based products. Their corn dogs and burgers remain two of my favorites in the meat free space. ABout twelve nuggets come in the resealable freezer packet.
Cooking: You can bake these, or oddly enough pan fry them. Field Roast don’t recommend microwaving these. I went ahead and air fried them with great success.
Taste and texture: These are big round, disc shaped nuggets, notably a smidge larger than many of their peers. The breading comes out enjoyably crisp with plenty of crunch. On the inside the texture is medium-soft but not mushy. There’s no overt flavor as such, they’re very modestly seasoned making them a great addition to a range of dishes.
Verdict: A good meat free nugget. I personally find Field Roast products a little hard to get a hold of, not to mention they usually retail for more than other meat free products. This keeps them in the good – not great bracket for now.
Field Roast Plant-Based Nuggets nutrition and cooking
Are Field Roast Plant-Based Nuggets good?
These are an enjoyable meat free nugget with a crisp exterior and soft interior. They don’t carry a particularly strong flavor as such.
Other Field Roast products
- Field Roast Buffalo Wings review
- Field Roast Signature Stadium Dogs review
- Field Roast Plant-Based Nuggets review
- Thai green curry fried rice
- Field Roast Hazelnut Cranberry Roast
- Field Roast Miniature Corn Dogs review
- Review: Field Roast Smoked Tomato Deli Slices
- Review: Field Roast Breakfast Sausage
- Review: Field Roast Frankfurters
- Review: Field Roast Mexican Chipotle Sausages
- Review: Field Roast FieldBurger
- Review: Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausage
Hi I’m Stuart, professional food writer and long time eater. You can find my writing at places like Gastronomic SLC, Visit Salt Lake, The Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Stories, Utah Now Online and many others.
As well as writing extensively about restaurants for more than fifteen years, I’m endlessly curious about that product on the shelf. Is it any good I wonder? If you’re like me, wonder no more. Follow along on Instagram too!