Get ahead of the curve with this recent report from Whole Foods. The brand have released their thoughts on what they see as the big food trends for 2021. The list includes:
- Lines between the supplement and grocery aisles to blur
- Breakfast items to get more love with increased working from home
- Pantry staples to get new spins
- Coffee and caffeine moves beyond drinks info snacks, smoothies and more
- Elevated baby foods
- Upcycled foods
- A new breed of oils such as walnut oil or pumpkin seed oil
- Boozy Kombucha
- Chickpeas to bolster more products
- Fruit and vegan jerky options
See the brands press release for the full story and a variety of options on their shelves that match the new trends.
Image credit, Whole Foods.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!