Huge news for vegans this week – Kroger have massively upped the ante of their Simple Truth Plant Based collection of products – this week announcing more than 50 new plant-based foods including non-dairy cheeses, oat milk ice cream and Emerge fresh chicken-less patties and grinds.
The Kroger Simple Truth Plant Based collection launched in 2019 with about 20 products. The initial line up included vegan chocolate chip cookie dough, oat milk, sour cream, deli slices, sausage, and other products. The lineup has continued to grow and now features spreads, dips, desserts, burger patties and grinds, and more. By the end of 2020, the collection will feature more than 75 products. We reviewed the Emerge Plant Based Burger here.
The companies’ announcement this week confirms a whole slew of new items coming online which include:
- Cheese Shreds (Cheddar and Mozzarella)
- Cheese Slices (Cheddar and Hot Pepper)
- Oat Milk Ice Cream (Strawberry Graham, Sea Salt Caramel, Peanut Butter Chip, Black Raspberry Chip, and Maple Pecan)
- Almond Milk Yogurts (Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry, and Mango)
- Cauliflower Dips (Buffalo, Spicy Queso, Tzatziki, and Cilantro with Jalapeño)
- Caesar and Ranch Salad Dressings
- Ready-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready-to-Eat Chocolate Truffle Brownie Batter
Hi I’m Stuart, professional food writer and long time eater. You can find my writing at places like Gastronomic SLC, Visit Salt Lake, The Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Stories, Utah Now Online and many others.
As well as writing extensively about restaurants for more than fifteen years, I’m endlessly curious about that product on the shelf. Is it any good I wonder? If you’re like me, wonder no more. Follow along on Instagram too!