I have to admit I didn’t see this one coming. The popular plant-based company Gardein have now released a series of…soups! Until now you would only find Gardein product in the freezer aisle, but now the Conagra brand business can be found in cans too.
Like the meat free free frozen products the new soups are 100% vegan friendly; theyre also destined with the upcoming colder months in mind. A full list of the new soups (notes from Gardein’s press release) are as follows:
- Plant-Based Chick’n Noodl’: Made with plant-based Chick’n vegan noodl’s and vegetables; 13g protein
- Plant-Based Be’f & Vegetable: Made with plant-based be’f and country vegetables; 15g protein
- Plant-Based Saus’ge Gumbo: Made with plant-based saus’ge, rice and vegetables; 10g protein
- Plant-Based Chick’n & Rice: Made with plant-based chick’n, rice and vegetables; 11g protein
- Plant-Based Minestrone & Saus’ge: Made with plant-based Italian saus’ge, vegan noodl’s and vegetables; 14g protein
Each of the soups promise to deliver 10-15 grams of protein per serving. All the soups are also dairy and egg-free as well as Non-GMO Project Verified and Vegan Action Certified.
The 15 ounce cans recommended retail is $2.99.
Image credit, Gardein.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC – Utah’s biggest and oldest online food magazine; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with multiple local publications from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, not least helped to consult on national TV shows.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for the better part of fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I started Shop Smart to catalogue my adventures in the grocery store and kitchen. Follow along on Instagram too!