I have to admit I didn’t see this one coming. The popular plant-based company Gardein have now released a series of…soups! Until now you would only find Gardein product in the freezer aisle, but now the Conagra brand business can be found in cans too.
Like the meat free free frozen products the new soups are 100% vegan friendly; theyre also destined with the upcoming colder months in mind. A full list of the new soups (notes from Gardein’s press release) are as follows:
- Plant-Based Chick’n Noodl’: Made with plant-based Chick’n vegan noodl’s and vegetables; 13g protein
- Plant-Based Be’f & Vegetable: Made with plant-based be’f and country vegetables; 15g protein
- Plant-Based Saus’ge Gumbo: Made with plant-based saus’ge, rice and vegetables; 10g protein
- Plant-Based Chick’n & Rice: Made with plant-based chick’n, rice and vegetables; 11g protein
- Plant-Based Minestrone & Saus’ge: Made with plant-based Italian saus’ge, vegan noodl’s and vegetables; 14g protein
Each of the soups promise to deliver 10-15 grams of protein per serving. All the soups are also dairy and egg-free as well as Non-GMO Project Verified and Vegan Action Certified.
The 15 ounce cans recommended retail is $2.99.
Image credit, Gardein.
Hi I’m Stuart, professional food writer and long time eater. You can find my writing at places like Gastronomic SLC, Visit Salt Lake, The Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Stories, Utah Now Online and many others.
As well as writing extensively about restaurants for more than fifteen years, I’m endlessly curious about that product on the shelf. Is it any good I wonder? If you’re like me, wonder no more. Follow along on Instagram too!